Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test L’Oreal Masked Affair

This polish is from L’Oreal’s Dark Sides of Grey collection, which is currently available in stores as of this writing. I’d looked straight at Masked Affair in Rite Aid and completely ignored it. It looked like Yet Another Gray Polish and sailed completely under my radar. However, it was brought to my attention that it was more than it seemed, so I went back and bought it.


 Masked Affair is a silver polish with holographic effect. This one can’t truly be appreciated until you actually put it on. I swear it looks great everywhere except in the store! I used three coats, with my usual layer of Seche Vite on top. I love how this looks. 

It doesn’t water marble, but this one is good for stamping. I used it on the accent nail on my ring finger here. 



Looks aren’t everything though. How did it hold up?


It did great! It lasted a solid three days before the damage was noticeable. This is the type where damage doesn’t show as much as it could because of its color. I absolutely love that.

Verdict: Excellent

If you see this one, grab it! It’s durable, has a great holo effect, and stamps. It’s a worthy addition to everyone’s polish collection.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Three days?!?! No way! Looks great! I swatched mine today and I am sooo surprised how different it looks out of the bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.