Thursday, October 30, 2014

Nail Polish Stress Test: China Glaze I Love Your Guts

I like China Glaze’s core polishes. I’ve found them to be reliable across the board. Their gimmicky polishes? Not so much. I have one of them to test out today; I Love Your Guts from their Apocalypse of Color collection. I picked this one up during my last trip to Sally Beauty Supply. They put their Halloween displays on a rear facing end cap in the middle of the store, which was weird. I almost missed it!



This is actually an iridescent matte polish with black glitter in it.  It’s much prettier on than it is in the bottle. I found two heavier coats were enough for full coverage. It dried very quickly too. 

So, how did it last? Well, it didn’t. It was pretty much wrecked after one day at work, and it wasn’t even that busy! Honestly, I can’t say I’m surprised. Matte polish is less durable than traditional polish. Some companies will even go so far as to put disclaimers on their displays or websites to make that clear. 



Verdict: Party Polish

This polish is too pretty not to use, but it’s not going to hold up unless you’re just going to sit there and look gorgeous. I can’t recommend getting it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.