Violaceous Vase is a purple shimmer with small and large hex
glitters. I would argue this is almost a duochrome in nature. I noticed it
looked more pinkish or bluish depending on the light. This would obviously make
a killer topper, but I was able to get full opacity with three coats. Is it
ever pretty. This is one of those
polishes where it’s hard not to keep staring at it. The shimmer is almost
luminous!
The only downer is that polishes like this are no good for
stamping or water marbling. Ah well, someday maybe.
As for durability, it did great. I was able to wear it for
three days before it got noticeably damaged.
Verdict: Excellent
I feel totally justified for jumping on this one as soon as
I saw it at Sally’s. I can’t speak to the chain as a whole, but I find waiting
for my local store to get in polishes I want (if they ever do!) is no end of frustrating. I’m glad
I don’t have to regret my impulsiveness!


Wow, that does look luminous. I need to check out Sallys next time they have a Finger Paints sale. :)
ReplyDeleteI think this is actually better than that Cinnapro Nail Sugar polish that looks similar to this one. By better, I of course mean not sitting in a display upside down and completely separated. :P
ReplyDelete