D’oh! is one of the recently released Wildshine polishes
that are supposed to be new, improved and even come in a redesigned bottle, yet
I found this one for $.49 in the clearance bin at Walgreen’s. It’s a
Simpsons yellow crème. I definitely like this shade. It’s not too bright, dull,
or obnoxious.
I’m not a fan of the bottle redesign. I don’t like tall skinny bottles; they’re just too easy to knock over. Furthermore, the brush seems flimsy. It kind of reminds me of the e.l.f. polishes I reviewed a while back.
Application was a problem. Even though I let each coat dry
before I applied the next one, my nails were patchy and streaky after three
coats. I thought it might have been operator error, so I took it off and tried
again. Nope, same results. I decided to leave things as they were, put a coat
of Seche Vite on top, and called it done.
So, how did it do? There was some pretty noticeable tip wear
by the end of the first day, so I decided to take it off. No major destruction, but it didn't look presentable in this condition.
One thing that surprised me big time is that it stamps! It
actually does better than the yellow stamping polishes I own, so I’d say that
justifies my $.49 purchase right there. No luck watermarbling.
I wasn’t terribly impressed with the application and wear of
this polish. My hunt for a good yellow creme continues. This is definitely worth tracking down if you need a yellow
stamping polish though!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.