I’ve tried a fair amount of Claire’s nail polishes at this
point. The results have been consistently disappointing.
I keep purchasing them because they keep
tempting me with interesting looking polishes, and having good sales on them.
So, today’s test subject is their Holographic Top Coat.
This looks like their version of the well regarded
Northern
Lights top coat, which I have yet to try. The gimmick here is there’s fine
holographic glitter in a clear base that all completely sinks to the bottom of
the bottle. You need to shake it up before you apply it.
The formula is very watery. I felt almost like I’d bought a
snow globe in a nail polish bottle! I put one modest coat over my beloved
Ulta Blue Holiday. I wasn’t really happy with how it applied. As I put it on, it
actually messed up my polish a little. This top coat seemed to drag the polish
off my nails.
Even though I had three
coats on, and it was completely dry before I put the holo top coat on, it ended
up making my mani look patchy. I know it’s hard to see because it’s shiny, but
trust me; this didn’t look so great in person. It’s most noticeable on my
pinky. This is not something I would use over nail art; it’d get ruined for
sure. On the positive side, the glitter distribution was evenly scattered and
added a nice sparkle.
So, how did it perform?
A good hour after I’d put it on, when pretty much anything
should be completely good to go, I got a fingerprint mark on one of my nails. I
fixed that, thought I was all set. Within an hour of starting work the next day, I had
catastrophic polish failure. It was like this top coat never really “cured”,
and scraped off as I was working.
Verdict: Loser Polish
Wow. I have never seen a top coat act like this before! I
don’t know what is up with this one, but the results speak for themselves. Save
your $5.50 and do not buy this! Buy a proper snow globe instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.