Rays The Bar is a thermal polish that is supposed to change
from pink to orange depending on temperature. Looking at the label on the cap,
that color change is supposed to be pretty distinct. It isn’t. Most of the time
it looked like a bright coral to me. Occasionally it’d look slightly more orange or more
pink. If you’re looking to buy this polish for the color changing aspect, don’t
do it.
The formula was on the streaky side, not to mention sheer.
It took three coats to get everything looking even, which dried to a matte
finish. There was still visible nail line afterwards. I used one coat of Seche
Vite over it to make everything nice and shiny. I used a different color changing polish on my
ring finger because I wanted to see some color changing action darnit!
Stamping is possible with this polish, but I found it to be very frustrating to work with. I had a lot of trouble getting images to fully pick up to the point where I eventually threw in the towel. Water marbling was a complete fail as the polish wouldn’t spread.
So, how did it hold up?
It did pretty well. It made it two days before I had to take it off.
Verdict: Loser Polish
I can’t recommend buying this. If it was ordinary polish I’d
rate it Good. However, it fails at its job of being a color changing thermal
polish. There are better options out there. If you must try it, at least do what I did and wait for a sale as it usually sells for $10 on
Color Club’s website.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.