Sunday, June 5, 2016

Nail Polish Stress Test: Hard Candy So So Sequin

Ever have one of those busy weeks where you want to do your nails and need something that’ll get you through the rest of the week? When that happens to me, I reach for a glitter polish. This time around I went for So So Sequin from Hard Candy. Was that a good choice? Let’s find out!

So So Sequin is a very sparkly polish made of silver holographic microglitter, with large blue hex glitter and medium holo glitter. It’s another case where photos don’t do it justice. This is bling in a bottle. 


I am not a fan of the brush this polish comes with. I felt like I was using one of those cheap watercolor brushes you used as a kid. As a result, I found this polish was difficult to apply neatly. I was able to get full coverage in three coats in spite of the challenges. I used one coat of Seche Vite on top. It was still a tad rough, nothing a second layer of top coat couldn’t have fixed.


As a glitter, stamping is out, and the larger hex glitters make it less than idea for water marbling. I think it’d be fun to use with nail vinyls though.

So, how did it hold up?


Badly. I had major chips on the first day, and I’d barely even started working!

Verdict: Loser Polish

Considering I paid $1.50 at Ocean State Job Lot to get this, I can only complain so much. I think it’d be fun to use in nail art, or making Christmas ornaments, but I don’t see me using it on its own again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.