Monday, July 11, 2016

Nail Polish Stress Test: Zoya Tilly

My first introduction to textured polishes was when Zoya first came out with their original PixieDust collection. I loved the sandy finish and the sparkle, and for a time, I had every single one Zoya came out with. Then came the UltraPixie dusts and Magical PixieDusts that I liked a little less. Between the jelly finishes, chunky glitter, and colors that were too similar. I was starting to sour on the concept for a bit. They also didn't last as long as the originals. However, I was still sad when they announced they weren’t coming out with any more Pixies though. Then, Zoya announced their Seashells collection which is made up of all PixieDusts. I went and ordered the whole set, including today’s test subject, Tilly.

Tilly is a silver textured polish with some holographic glitter and darker silver particles thrown in for extra sparkle. It’s a great combination of sparkly and shiny. I used three thin coats to get full coverage and let each one dry before I applied the next one. I did not use any top coat. The texture is fairly abrasive, but it smooths out a bit after you’ve worn it for a while.


As a textured polish it’s not suitable for stamping or water marbling. It’d be fun to use with nail vinyls though.

So how did it hold up?


It did great! I made it three days. This is the PixieDust I know and love. It didn’t chip at all, merely wore down. Mostly it was at the tips of my nails.

Verdict: Excellent

If you love textured polishes, holographic glitter, or silver, you need this polish! It can be ordered from Zoya’s website for $10, although they have promotions often enough that there’s no need to pay full price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.