Sunday, April 12, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Everglaze Don’t Grape About It

Is it me or does it seem like extended wear polishes are cropping up everywhere? I have not had good luck with the ones I’ve tried so far, but I keep hoping one of these will actually work for me the way they claim. This time I’m trying China Glaze’s Everglaze, bought during one of Sally’s buy one get one free sales, of course. I’m not paying full price for potential broken dreams!

Don’t Grape About It is a lame pun is a lavender crème. The formula was easier to work with than the Endless Wear polish I tried. I had full coverage in two coats, which dried very quickly. I used the Everglaze top coat afterwards. It had a really nice shine to it. Could this polish be the one that survives the warehouse?


Nope. While I didn’t have catastrophic polish failure this time, it was pretty much trashed in one day. 
I didn’t have any luck water marbling or stamping with this polish. It dried too darn fast to do anything with it. 


Verdict: Loser polish

Fellow warehouse workers and retail people, I’m sorry to report this is not the polish we’re looking for.  I do recognize that any manicure of mine will die an accelerated death, BUT I do expect it to last longer than traditional polishes. With that said, people with office jobs might be able to get this to work. Everyone else should steer clear.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try this and let you know how it goes (raises hand for team ofice job ). :) As thick as I try NOT to make my coats (but end up doing it anyways), I look forward to the quick dry part for sure. *crosses fingers on this one*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *does too* Let me know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put this on last night (better late than never). The formula came off as thick and slightly goopy to me. Did you find it to be like that? If the polish was a little thinner, I think I could have had decent coverage in one coat, but ended up doing two. I have to admit it did dry pretty quick. The top coat was super thick and dried quick too (had no dents either). Today is the first day and I have 2 tiny chips on the nail edge. Hopefully it hangs in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do recall the formula being thicker. If it's chipping on you already, that's definitely a bad sign for this polish! Keep me posted! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.