Sunday, April 26, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Ulta XOXO

Ulta recently had a $2 sale on their nail polishes. Being as they’re normally $6 I had to jump on that. One of the polishes I got was XOXO.

XOXO is an interesting polish in that you really can’t tell what it’s like until you actually wear it.

When I saw it on the website, I thought it was pink and red glitter in a clear base. 


 When I got the bottle, it looked like a red jelly with pink microglitter. 


When I applied it, it turned out to be a red jelly with scattered holographic microglitter!


This polish is really really pretty. Every so often I had to stop and admire it. I was able to get full coverage with three coats. I added my usual coat of Seche Vite on top.

So how did it hold up?



Eh. It was pretty banged up after one day.

I didn’t have any luck watermarbling or stamping with it.

Verdict: Party Polish

I really wanted this to do better, but it is what it is. I still love it and will keep it, but as a weekend polish. I still want to try it in a French Manicure or layered over something else.

1 comment:

  1. Cool to know this is a jelly AND a holo - my two fav polishes! :D The $2 sale is still going on, might grab this before it's off. Thx for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.