Sunday, April 5, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: OPI Orange You Going to the Game?

Ocean State Job Lot is one of my absolute favorite places to buy nail polish. For those of you that don’t live in the Northeast, think of it as a regional Big Lots. They get a lot of drugstore polishes like Sally Hansen, Wet n Wild, Revlon and Milani. Occasionally, they’ll get in some China Glaze. Sometimes, they’ll completely surprise me with something I wasn’t expecting, and in this case it was OPI’s Are You Going to the Game? Turns out Ocean State got in a bunch of OPI’s Major League Baseball collection, and this particular color caught my eye – enough to make me buy two; one for me, and one for my friend. The fact that it was on sale 3 for $10 sealed the deal.

Orange You Going to the Game?  is a beautiful orange (duh) pearl color. I don’t recall ever seeing anything quite like it. It went on nice and smooth, taking only two coats. I’ve used quite a bit of OPI in the past, but this one was especially nice to work with. I applied my usual coat of Seche Vite on top and waited to see how it would hold up.


As it happens, it held up really well. It went a full three days before I felt the need to take it off. I try not to have preconceived notions about how well a polish will do, but this really impressed me.


But wait, there’s more!

It turns out this polish will also stamp and water marble! 



Verdict: Excellent

This one does it all. It holds up well, it stamps, it water marbles, and it’s not like all the other oranges out there. The only thing I can possibly complain about is that question mark in its name makes Word think I’m making a grammatical error.

 Grab this one if you come across it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.