Sunday, September 27, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Color Club Beyond

Linear holographic nail polishes are awesome. For some weird reason they seem to be hard to find in major drug store brands around me though. They’re also on the more expensive side, so I’m inclined to proceed with caution when it comes to buying them. The last one I bought is today’s subject, Beyond by Color Club. I ordered this one during a rare 25% off sale. Was this a good idea? Let’s find out!

Beyond is a black linear holographic polish. I can’t think of anyone else (that isn’t an indie polish maker) that’s come out with one of these, so I thought it’d be fun to try. I used two coats, with one coat of Seche Vite on top.

One really nice thing about this polish is that top coats don’t kill the holo, although it really doesn’t show much indoors in this case.


You really need to go outside to appreciate this one so I did.


As you can see from my accent nail, this will stamp. It looks best over darker colors in my opinion. Water marbling is a no go sadly.

So, how did it hold up?

It did okay. It lasted two days before I felt it needed to come off.


Verdict: Good

If you’re into holographic polishes, this is a worthwhile addition to your collection, even if it’s not the most 
durable polish ever. I think its ease of use and the fact that it stamps balances things out.  

4 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.