Sunday, October 4, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Pretty Woman Love Boat

One of my favorite places to go hunting for nail polish is Ocean State Job Lot. They’ve blown me away more than once with unexpected bargains on polishes like OPI, China Glaze, Sparitual, and more. On occasion, they’ll get in a brand I’m not familiar with. That leads me to today’s test subject; Love Boat from the brand Pretty Woman.

According to Pretty Woman’s website, their polishes can be found in select Wal-Mart, Rite Aid, and Party City stores.


Love Boat is a beautiful textured red polish. It’s got an awesome iridescent sparkle to it that is hard to stop looking at. I used three coats with no top coat.

As a textured polish, it’s a no go for stamping or water marbling. I can’t help thinking this would be fun to use with nail vinyls.

So, how did it hold up?


Not so great. It was pretty beat up after one day.

Verdict: Party Polish

This definitely is on the disappointing side. I’m used to textured polishes holding up way better than this, but Love Boat is so darn pretty that I’m keeping it in my collection anyway. I don’t have a textured red quite like it. I paid $1.50 for my bottle, which I’d say is a fair price. It sells for $7.99 on their website. No way should you pay that much. Only buy this one on a good sale.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this shade, looks pretty on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful as a colour but a shame it did not last too long after a day. I think your right though, pretty colour for viynl designs perhaps! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find some Christmas or Valentine ones, I bet this color will be good to wear during the holidays, :)

      Delete
  3. This polish is super pretty, and I'm really surprised it didn't hold up considering its textured (especially at the retail price, yikes). What type of texture is it? Kinda like zoya then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say it was more coarse than standard PixieDusts. That normally isn't a factor though. I have one more textured polish from this line to try. I'll be interested to see how that one does.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.