Pretty Peas is from their new 1 Step Wonder Gel collection.
It’s a nice frying pan pastel green creme.
See?
The label on the
bottle does accurately represent the color of the polish, which is a nice
change. The formula was a bit of a pain. It was very easy to get too much
polish on the brush. I had to do over my first couple of nails because I
sloshed too much on them. Streakiness was an issue as well. I ended up using
three thin coats and no top coat. I felt it could have used one because I didn’t
think it was all that shiny.
This took a long time to dry, upwards of half an hour.
Clearly I’m spoiled on quick dry top coats, but traditional polish doesn’t take
that long! It also has a fairly
strong smell. I didn’t find it overly bothersome, but it’s enough that I feel
it’s worth mentioning.
Pretty Peas is too sheer to stamp with. Water marbling was
interesting. I attempted it with traditional polish, but was too goopy. It also
left a film on top of the water that was hard to get rid of. I’m not sure if
this was a result of two formulas not getting along, or because of Wet N’ Wild’s
formula. I think it’s sheer enough to make it not worth it.
So, how did it hold up?
It didn’t go well. I wrecked it in one day.
Verdict: Loser Polish
I have a feeling this one is better suited to Team Office
Job. At $4.99 a bottle (which you shouldn’t be paying because Wet N’ Wild goes
on sale at least once a month) the price is very reasonable for this type of
polish. However, between the tricky formula, long drying time, and uselessness
in nail art, I can’t recommend it.



Hi, I just found your site -- great blog! Thanks for reviewing this polish...bummer it didn't work out! I hate when I come across dud polishes.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! :) I figure I can help others avoid some of the duds.
Delete