Black Pool is from CND’s Weekly Polish line. It promises
seven days of wear. That puts it in the wannabe gel category as far as I’m
concerned. As the name implies it’s a
black crème. The first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle is that it’s
got a pretty strong smell to it. Anyone who is sensitive to stinky things
should consider themselves warned. It’s not the worst thing ever, but it’s
definitely a thing.
Application was pretty nice. It went on in two easy coats.
That’s nice to see in a black polish. I used one coat of the Weekly Top Coat to
seal the deal. That’s where things got tricky. I found I needed to use a pretty
heavy coat or it would drag some of the color off, which it did in places. Yet,
if I used too much, which I did on my other hand, I got air bubbles that stuck
out quite a bit.
Water marbling with this polish did not go well. It spread
okay, but when I tried to do the actual marbling it got goopy and stringy.
Stamping didn’t go much better. It can potentially
work, but I had a lot of trouble picking up the image on the stamper. I’d say
this one is not good for nail art.
So, how did it hold up?
Verdict: Good
Based on how expensive it is, I wouldn’t get this unless
you’re on Team Office Job. Otherwise I’d say it’s another polish that doesn’t
stand up to the retail or warehouse world. This was $10.50
at Ulta. The Weekly
Top Coat goes for the same price.


I haven't been super impressed with a lot of the gel-like lines; seems a regular polish and good topcoat that works with your body chemistry lasts just as well for a cheaper price.
ReplyDeleteExactly. I've had better luck in general with standard nail polish. I've had exactly ONE gel-like actually last.
DeleteThe only gel-like polish I had luck with so far was the Sally Hansen line (if you think that qualifies as gel-like...which I do because it doesn't require curing/a light). And that lasted well over a week if you can believe it! This is a pretty black even if it only lasted two days.
ReplyDeleteI consider a polish to be gel-like if it claims to have extended wear properties and has a specific top coat and/or base coat it's meant to be used with. I really should mention that when I review this type of polish. Oopsie! I ought give one of those Sally Hansens a try. :)
DeleteThe one that actually lasted on me was Sinful Shine Prosecco.