Over the last few years, she’s had health problems that have
led to her having to stay in a nursing home. Shortly after she started to get
well enough to handle longer visits, we started the tradition of my doing her
nails while I was there. I like to call these momicures.
In honor of Mother's Day, I'd like to share some of my favorites.
As a rule, she chooses the polishes and designs, and I execute them. At first, she was very conservative about what colors of polish she wanted to use. I still call those kinds of shades "mom polish". She hates that!
As a rule, she chooses the polishes and designs, and I execute them. At first, she was very conservative about what colors of polish she wanted to use. I still call those kinds of shades "mom polish". She hates that!
However, she got bolder over time, and started making more forays into the realm of color. Plus that "mom polish" label was really starting to annoy her! (I love you Mom!)
One of the things I love most about Mom is that she thinks outside the box. She'll ask me to try stamping with something that I suspect won't work, I try it anyway, and discover that it does! Not only is this fun for both of us, but I find I learn more as I go along too.
More recently she's gotten into holographic and glittery polishes
Textured polishes too!
Thanks for everything Mom. I love you.







Lovely manis! :)
ReplyDelete