Sunday, May 24, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Revlon 1000 Volts

Back in 2012, I remember abandoning Revlon nail polishes. I don’t recall there being anything wrong with them, but I’d also just been introduced to other brands I found I liked more. I figured I’d grab a couple and see how I felt about the brand now. 1000 Volts was the first one I bought. It was $1.49 at Ocean State Job Lot, and it just so happened all their cosmetics were 30% off at the time besides. That was too good a deal to pass up for science!

1000 Volts is from the Electric Chrome collection which ties into The Amazing Spider Man 2. It’s not every day you see nail polish/superhero move tie ins! This polish is a gold glass fleck with some subtle duochrome properties. It can look more greenish or coppery depending on the light. The name certainly fits! It went on in three easy coats, with the usual layer of Seche Vite on top.




It didn’t water marble, but it can be stamped with, as you can see on my accent nail. I think this would be best used with bolder designs as opposed to ones with fine lines and details.

So, how did it hold up?


It did okay. It went a good two days before the damage was noticeable. This is the third Revlon polish I’ve reviewed recently, and they’re nothing if not consistent in that way.

Verdict: Good

This was definitely a good find, especially for the price. Worth picking up if you come across it.

2 comments:

  1. Great review and pretty polish! I'm surprised it didn't chip after a day, so kudos to Revlon for that! What color would you say the duochrome shifts too (just curious).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) I was surprised too! The duochrome effect isn't terribly strong. I saw more of the green side of it than I did the copper.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.