The most popular review I’ve written since I started blogging
here is the one I did for Republic
Nail Gel Effect Monaco. It was loser polish. Polishes from this brand have
been showing up off and on at TJ Maxx since then. This made me start to wonder.
Did I get a dud bottle? Maybe I should have done a better job applying it? I
can’t believe a company could continue to make a polish that bad and stay in
business! I was curious enough to go into the breach one more time, so I bought
another set.
My initial impression is still the same; I just don’t trust
a product when the manufacturer can’t put an actual product photo on the
packaging. It’s also worth noting the pic on the box wasn’t exactly color
accurate either. This coral is definitely more pink looking in reality than it
looks on the box.
You’re supposed to use one coat of the colored part, wait
six minutes, apply the top coat, wait six minutes, done. Guess what? I ran into
the same application problems. This stuff looks streaky as all get out. It seems
like that’s just how this product rolls. I stuck to one coat. As badly as I
wanted to add a second one, I decided to adhere to the directions. Things
started going uphill when I tried to apply the topcoat. It was really stringy
and goopy.
I had to redo a couple nails, but I managed to get a somewhat decent job done. Well, make that barely passable.
I didn’t even try to stamp or water marble with this. I mean,
if I can barely get it on my nails, there’s no way it’s going to be good for
anything fancy!
So, how did it hold up?
The damage wasn’t quite as severe as before, but it still
only lasted a day. I even got big ol’ chips on my right thumb in places it shouldn’t
even chip just like last time.
Verdict: Loser Polish
I think it’s safe to say this brand is to be avoided. Did I
mention this stuff actually went up
in price? It’s now $4.99. There is absolutely no reason to buy this polish
whatsovever.






great review, it is good to know the true about product like this one :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
DeleteOh wow, the polish doesn't match the box at all. :( And it looks like it's goop city. I feel like this is the "good" polish they sell in hell LOL
ReplyDeleteThat is definitely the nail polish from hell. It was totally goop city, and I still can't believe something with that kind of problem came from a factory sealed box. That's more in line with that I'd expect from something that had been "tested out" in the store first.
ReplyDelete