Sunday, August 2, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Cinapro Sweet Tooth

Here’s a polish I’ve had my eye on for a year; Sweet Tooth, from Cinapro’s Nail Sugar collection. The problem is, it rarely goes on sale, the store display is absurd (the bottles are displayed upside down), and the polishes were sometimes separated or gunky. Still, I really wanted this polish, so I waited for an opportunity. Finally, Sally’s Beauty Supply added them to a Buy Two Get One Free sale. It was time to strike!

Sweet Tooth has large and small blue glitters in a duochrome base that shifts mostly between blue and purple. The color shift is bright and vibrant. It’s really easy to get distracted by how beautiful this polish is!


It also has a light built into the cap for some weird reason. If I’m experiencing a power outage, I guess this is the polish they want me to reach for? Except I’d have to find it in the dark in the first place…..


Light or no light, application was easy, although I used four thin coats to get opacity. I used one coat of Seche Vite on top. I didn’t find it to be rough or bumpy afterwards, something I could see happening with a polish containing that much glitter.

As you might expect, this polish can’t be used for water marbling or stamping. If only!  I bet it would look amazing layered with other polishes though.

So, how did it hold up?

It did well. It made it two days before the damage showed.


Verdict: Good

I’m glad this lasted as long as it did. I wasn’t sure how it was going to go considering the problems I’ve seen with it. I strongly recommend that if you decide to buy this, be sure to check and be sure it’s not gloopy or separated first.

6 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.