V.I.Peach is a pastel yellow “demi-matte” polish from Sinful
Colors’ Class Act collection. The first thing I thought when I looked at the name
is that they might have mixed up the labels during production. I don’t
associate peach with pastel yellow. Checking the Sinful Colors website, it
turns out they really meant to do that. This is supposed to be a “Spanish
Peach” color. Googling “Spanish Peach” did not convince me, but hey, when I
start my own polish company, I can use whatever color names I want. The color
makes me think of the yellow chalk my
teachers used to hate using in school.
This polish went on in three coats. The demi-matte finish
winds up being what I would call an eggshell finish. It’s not glossy, but it’s
not fully matte either. I did not use any top coat with this one.
It will water marble okay. Stamping…..I tried using a
bunch of different plates with it, hoping I’d get a decent amount of opacity,
and with it, a chalkboard look. Didn’t happen. It does work, and depending on
what you’re trying to do, it might work for you. However, in my opinion, this polish really
isn’t ideal for stamping. I used a matte top coat on two of my nails, and a glossy one on the others to try and get different looks
So, how did it hold up? It did well considering I didn’t use
a top coat, and the finish. It went two days before it was done in. It chipped
strangely; I got more damage closer to my cuticles than the tips of my nails.
Verdict: Good
This did better than I expected given the circumstances. I
like the fact that you can make it go all the way glossy or matte with the
right top coat. For $2, this is an easy purchase to make, although ideally, you
should wait for Walgreen’s to put it on sale for $.99.



Well I think the stamping turned out great! It really does remind me of a chalk board!
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks! :) Normally I don't post pics of my fails. I was influenced enough by what I wanted to see in this case that I figured I'd do it anyways. Now I'm glad I did. :)
ReplyDelete