Golden Girl is a gold jelly with small holographic glitter.
This is easily the blingiest polish in my collection now. If I were going to be
stranded on a desert island, I could probably use this to signal for help. It
almost seemed like it was too much for everyday wear. That totally didn’t stop
me!
Application was easy. I probably could have achieved full opacity with two coats, but I used three here as I hate seeing visible nail lines. It dried slightly rough, but one coat of Seche Vite took care of that.
Now, remember how I said this was a really blingy polish?
Well, it’s so much so that I had a heck
of a time getting a picture of that. Sunlight, fluorescent light, lightbox, no
matter what I tried, as soon as the picture was in focus, the holo effect went
away. I really wanted to convey how
awesome this polish looks though, so I deliberately took a terrible out of
focus shot. It might be blurry, but it definitely captures the bling.
As a glitter, it’s no good for stamping. It’s not worth water marbling with either. The base is so light and the glitter spreads enough that you might as well just use it as a top coat after you marble with something more worthwhile.
So, how did it hold up?
It did great! It lasted a good three days before I decided it had to come off. With all that holographic sparkle going on, it’s almost too blinding to spot any chips!
Verdict: Excellent
At $2, this is a must have polish, especially if you love
holos. If you come across it, grab it!



wow, so sparkly and beautiful- I love glittery mani :)
ReplyDeleteMe too! :D
Delete