Sunday, November 1, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Vernis Classique by Cherimoya Metallic Red

On a recent polish hunt in TJ Maxx, I came across a new to me brand of polish; Vernis Classique by Cherimoya. They were only $1.99, so I picked one up for science. I chose Metallic Red.

Metallic Red definitely does what it says on the bottle. It’s metallic and it’s red, although the way it looks in the bottle is a little misleading. When I put it on, it was a more intense red than it first appears. This went on nice and easy, nearly a one coater, but I went with two coats to get full coverage. I used one coat of Seche Vite on top.


I had no problem stamping with it. While it’s possible to water marble with this, it’s a bit tricky to use. It likes to spread out a LOT, not unlike the polishes I used to make Christmas ornaments last year. If you’re determined to use this polish for that purpose, you’ll want to experiment a bit.


So, how did it hold up?


Not well. I trashed it in one day.

Verdict: Party Polish

I think this polish is best used for stamping. However, if you do that, you might want to use a double layer of top coat. I noticed the design I’d stamped wore off pretty easily, and that’s a bit unusual. If you’re not into nail art, maybe skip this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.