Embarrassing story; the first time I ever heard of Bonita, I
was experimenting with making my own color changing polish by adding
thermochromic pigment to existing nail polish. I bought some Bonitas to
sacrifice. I figured they were cheap enough it wouldn’t matter if I ruined
them, which I did. Had I known what I was destroying I wouldn’t have done that!
The extra pigment eventually turned into goop at the bottom of the bottle, and
I ended up tossing them. I’ve learned some things since then. I’ll be writing a
post about that before too long.
Leaf Me Alone! Is a Granny Smith apple green with a pearly
shimmer to it. At first I thought it looked a lot like Bonita’s Honey Dew Your
Thing from last year’s Turq It! Collection, but next to each other I’d say the
difference is strong enough to merit owning them both. In this picture Honey Do Your Thing is on the left, and Leaf Me Alone! on the right.
I like how Leaf Me Alone! is right between being a bright
color and being a pastel. This went on easily and was opaque in three coats. I
put my usual coat of Seche Vite on top.
I found when I tried to stamp with this one that technically
it works, but it’s really sheer. I wouldn’t bother using it for that purpose.
Water marbling is a different story. I’ve found Bonita polishes are generally
very cooperative, and Leaf Me Alone! is no exception. It worked beautifully!
Verdict: Excellent
This is another worthy polish, and at $1.49 a bottle, there’s
no reason to let it get away. If you live near one of the Rite Aids that has this
collection, buy it! Grab the rest of the collection too!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.