Sunday, May 1, 2016

Nail Polish Stress Test: Revlon Sky’s The Limit

This week’s test subject was an impulse buy. I was cruising through Rite Aid the other day when I saw they’d put a bunch of cosmetics on clearance. Of course I had to scope that out. As I did, I saw one bottle of Sky’s The Limit marked down to $4. The poor thing looked lonely so I thought I’d give it a home. Was that a good idea? Let’s find out!

Sky’s The Limit is a really pretty sky blue microglitter polish. (Okay, I say that about most blue polishes. I love the color and make no apologies for it.) Depending on the light it’s possible to see some purple glitter scattered in there too.  Application was a breeze. Three coats gave me full opacity. I like that it was thick enough to be able to apply it evenly, but not so much that it went on too thick. It’s part of Revlon’s Gel Envy line, so I used one coat of Gel Envy top coat over it. This is not a quick dry, so it needs more time to set up.

Stamping was a no go with this one. Technically it does work, but it’s so sheer you really can’t see it. It’s possible to water marble with it but it never really dried. I think it ends up being too much polish.

So, how did it hold up?


It did okay. I got two days out of it before I noticed damage. Considering this is a wannabe gel, that’s quite respectable.

Verdict: Good

Being as I already had the right top coat and I got this on clearance, I’d say this was a good pickup for me. However, I can’t recommend buying this at full price. This product still falls well short of the long wear this line promises. People on Team Office Job would get the most out of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.