Sunday, May 22, 2016

Nail Polish Stress Test: Orly Color Blast Wonder Woman

I used to be really into superheroines as a kid. I thought Batgirl, Wonder Woman, Supergirl and such were awesome. I even had this sleeping bag! So, when I saw the Orly Color Blast Wonder Woman collection, it definitely hit me in the nostalgia. There was one polish that stood out to me from the collection, and that’s today’s test subject, Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman is a polish comprised of small metallic red glitter, matte yellow stars and matte blue hex glitter. As an Orly Color Blast polish, I would normally wait until it went on clearance before buying , but anyone who knows me is aware I have something of an obsession with stars, so I was really interested in trying this baby out.

Be prepared to shake this up a LOT, as all the stars tend to sink down to the bottom of the bottle and stay there.  Once I had it properly mixed up, it wasn’t too hard to fish the stars out. The red and blue glitter covered evenly without having to be patched up.The finish was pretty smooth although the stars stuck up bit in places. I used four coats to get full coverage, with my usual coat of Seche Vite on top.


As this is a glitter polish with big glitter pieces in it, water marbling and stamping is out of the question.

So, how did it hold up?


Not so great, I wrecked it in one day. The main problem is the stars. When they catch on things, they get pulled off, taking a big chunk of polish with it. *sigh*

Verdict: Loser Polish

I hate, hate, hate, to give it that rating, but I can’t let personal bias get in the way here. I think if a member of Team Office Job wore it, it’d last longer, but those of us with retail or warehouse jobs should save this for a day off, or use it as a topper.  I bought mine from Walgreen’s for $7.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.