That being said, if I genuinely like how one looks, and if it’s cheap enough I’ll still try it. That leads me to today’s polish, Sun Sheen from Sally Hansen’s Satin Glam collection. As I write this, it’s on clearance at Walgreen’s and CVS, which puts it in the range I’m willing to spend for a brand I don’t completely trust.
Sun Sheen is a very pretty orange matte polish with orange
and gold glass flecks. It looks more sparkly on the nail than it does in the
bottle. I don’t know if it’s because it doesn’t have a glossy finish, or it’s
just that you have to see it on the nail to appreciate it, but that’s how it
is. I was worried about the durability of this one because of the satin texture.
Was I justified?
Oh yes. One day of work destroyed it.
I know two data points aren’t a trend, but I’m
getting the impression the words matte and durable can’t be used together in
reference to polish. The damage doesn’t show as clearly as it did with China Glaze’s I Love Your Guts, but I’d say it was equal in severity.
Verdict: Party Polish
This is another polish that’s good for special occasions,
but just won’t stand up to real life. If you’re going to get one of these,
spend as little money as possible on it.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.