This is one of those polishes that claim to last a long time
without using a UV lamp. I was really wary as the last time I tried a product
with that promise, it was Nutra Nail. That was a disaster. I decided to do only
one nail at first, just in case this polish worked the same way.
According to the directions, you put one coat of nail polish
on, wait six minutes, put the gel effect top coat on, wait six minutes, done. The colored part went on streaky as heck. I
tried to go over it again but it didn’t help. Once I applied the top coat and
waited the required six minutes, it was completely dry, so I took the plunge
and did a full manicure.
The results were not pretty, but I foraged on. So how did it
last?
This stuff was definitely on the fragile side. After one day at work I had chips
at both ends of my nail, and a major chip on my thumb too. Long wearing? Um,
no.
Verdict: Loser polish
This polish fails in every way possible. It’s a pain to
apply, it looks terrible once it’s on, and it doesn’t last. Do not buy this.
Update 8/30/15: I gave this brand another go.
Update 8/30/15: I gave this brand another go.




Oh wow, pretty polish! Too bad it didn't hold up at all!
ReplyDeleteI have a feeling this wouldn't have fared any better on a day off. This whole gel wannabe thing seems to be doomed to fail. I'll keep trying it though!
ReplyDeleteI got the pink (ef-014) and it looks good (not streaky). I'm wondering if different colors apply differently? Mine also held up way better than yours (definitely not like an actual gel manicure, but longer than just nailpolish). They could have changed the formula since 2014 too. Honestly, other than the shine factor the gel coat just seems to do what a regular top coat would do. Preserve the nailpolish longer than just nailpolish. Just my experience.
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks for commenting! :)
DeleteI appreciate you sharing your experience. :) I do agree that different colors from the same product line can apply differently. I tried the Coral one earlier this year, and while that didn't work well either, the experience wasn't the same. Based on what you've told me, I'm going to keep an eye out for the pink one. If I can find it, I'll give it a shot. Out of curiosity, where did you purchase yours?
I found mine at Ross. They had a couple colors. Picked mine up on a whim. They also had a real which I may go try and see if it is as good as this. Maybe maybe not? Honestly, I really was just looking for a shiny pink to take photos with a wig lol. So, longetivity wasn't and isn't my focus just the look for a few hours. But it held up well to my job ; which involves a lot of cleaning much better than my regular stuff. I'll stay away from the blue though.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info! :)
Delete