Money Bags is a terrific minty metallic green. It seems very
similar to the Color Foil polishes in that it comes in an opaque bottle and has
the same chrome finish. However, unlike the Sally Hansen polishes, it doesn’t
say anything about not using base or top coats. The formula is more like
traditional polishes and dries in the same amount of time as the average
lacquer. I strongly recommend using a base coat or buffing your nails before
you use this as it’s going to highlight any ridges you have on your nails. I
buffed mine a couple times before I was ready to take pics with this stuff on. Spoiler alert: This polish will stain too.
I used two coats with one coat of Seche Vite on top. Since
this polish was so similar to the Color Foils, I strongly suspected it wasn’t
going to hold up well, so I decided to try this one out on a weekend as well.
The very best thing about this polish is that it stamps
beautifully and reliably. It has yet to fail me in this regard. It will
watermarble, but care has to be taken with what polish you pair this up with.
Money Bags spreads out a lot. I’d pair this with polish that spreads out just as much or you’re going to end up
with goopy results.
So, was I right to test this on a weekend?
Verdict: Party Polish
If you’re not into nail art, I wouldn’t bother with this. If you’re into stamping, you need this polish, and the other colors in the series; they all work the same way. They’re a decent price at their regular price of $5.50. I’ve found them on sale more than once at $2. That’s awesome for stamping polish! Honestly, I wish they’d make these in a few more colors. I’d totally buy them!


I LOVE that stamping you did with the polish! It'd totally give it a thumbs up for stamping like you did! It's a pretty polish but wow - that got wrecked pretty fast!
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, it did WAY better than the Color Foils did! Those chipped in my sleep!
ReplyDelete