Sunday, June 7, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Nicole by OPI I’m Stucco On You

In my world, textured polishes have been one of the greatest things invented since sliced bread. They’re easy to apply, and are some of the longest lasting polishes I’ve used. I’m sad their moment is pretty much over. However, I’m going to enjoy them as much as I can before they vanish off the face of the Earth for good.

As the name implies, I’m Stucco On You is a textured polish from Nicole by OPI’s Roughles collection. It’s got a lavender crème base with red and blue specks.  

I like how they labelled the caps on this series in that they make it clear there’s something different in the bottle. For bonus points, they also put the instructions on the cap; no top coat needed here. I wish more companies did this. Mouseprint on the bottle can be difficult to read!

I’m Stucco On You gave me full coverage in three coats. I let each coat dry before I used the next one. The texture is noticeable but not distracting. As per the directions I did not use a top coat.

 
The red specks kind of threw me. At first I thought I’d missed spots, but on closer examination, I was relieved to see that wasn’t true


I’ve heard polishes like this can be used for water marble, but something about having gritty swirls on my nails doesn’t appeal to me, so I didn’t go there. This would definitely be a good canvas to stamp on. Stamping with? Definitely no.    

So how did it hold up? 


 I was a bit disappointed with the durability of this one. It only lasted two days. I’m used to getting three or more out of a textured polish. All things being equal, this was much easier to remove.

Verdict: Good

While this isn’t the best of its class, it’s still a decent polish. I got this from TJ Maxx as part of a set of two for $6.99.
  

Based on how long it didn’t last, I’d say grab it only if you can get it for $3 per bottle or less. It’s a decent polish but not a must have.

4 comments:

  1. Wait, a two pack?? Nice deal! And that pink looks interesting! Looks like a fun polish even if it wasn't as durable as the other textured polishes out there. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) It is a fun polish. I wasn't planning to review it since I've been hitting textured polishes, and peachy pinks pretty hard lately. I want to keep mixing things up. So of course the next review is of a textured polish... >_>;

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a nice nail polish ! look amazing
    dear could you put here on blog some gadets , where we can follow your work.once i found you i cannot find you any more if i now follow you.you will find it in a bloger setting where you make yor post ! we could follow you on GFC , google + or bloglovin
    it will be nice ! thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is valuable feedback, and I REALLY appreciate that! I will absolutely do that. :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.