Sunday, June 28, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Revlon Gel Envy All In

Ahhh, wannabe gel polishes. I want to believe in them so much, but every one I’ve tried so far has been loser polish. I keep trying them, because I keep hoping one of them will actually work! That brings me to today’s polish, All In, from Revlon’s Gel Envy line.

All In, is a dark gray base with a strong blue shimmer. It looks like it should be a duochrome, but it isn’t. I used two coats here with the Gel Envy topcoat over that. It dried fairly quickly, no issues there. If anything, I found it was easier to apply than traditional polish.


I did try stamping and watermarbling with it. Watermarbling was a fail; it dries too quickly. It’s too sheer for stamping. The results just aren’t worth it.

The really important question is how well did it hold up?


To my supreme disappointment, it didn’t. Once again, I had tip wear on the first day that can’t be ignored. *sigh* To be fair, this is the least damage one of these wannabe gel polishes has suffered on me, but this doesn't say long wearing to me.

Verdict: Loser Polish

Once again, a polish that claims to last up to seven days fails to last even one. I guess this is another one for Team Office Job. At least I didn’t pay much for it. I grabbed it during a rare 40% off Revlon sale at Rite Aid. At least that eases the pain of my disappointment. 

3 comments:

  1. I like this shade, it looks stunning on your nail :)
    Have a nice Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :) I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shade is gorgeous! SOOO pretty! Too bad it didn't last.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.