Sunday, July 5, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Cover Girl #LaserLight

I was cruising the polish section of my local Rite Aid looking for polish bargains when I came across some Cover Girl polishes on clearance. I’ve never tried this line, so I picked up a couple to test drive. One of them is #LaserLight from their Glowing Nights series. It was only $.94, how could I resist?

#LaserLight is an inky black jelly. I’m not sure how this polish got its name. Glowing? This color? Nuh-uh!

It went on easily, taking three coats for full coverage. I used three coats with the usual layer of Seche Vite on top to make everything nice and glossy.


I didn’t have any luck water marbling with this, but it does stamp. Its inky quality gives the stamped design a nice effect. If I’d been thinking, I would have used this for a text design. Next time!


So how did it hold up?



I was impressed with how it did, especially since it’s a dark color. It went a solid three days before it was done in.

Verdict: Excellent

Ignoring the silly name, (seriously, who names a black polish #LaserLight?), this is a good find, especially for the price!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice find! Love how well it stamped considering it's a jelly! I'll have to see if my store has a couple of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely worth looking for! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.