Going to Dollar Tree is always fun. I never hesitate to pick
up nail polish or in this case, nail wraps. I mean, if they suck, who cares? It
was only a dollar. That leads me to today’s test subject, Sassy + Chic embossed
nail stickers.
These looked like they could be of decent quality. Silver,
pink, and blue dots are embossed on a translucent grey background. In the
package, they definitely look embossed, but once they’re on, it looks like you
sat there and stuck a ton of clear stones on your nails. They definitely looked
nicer than I expected.
Application was pretty easy. The one problem I had is that
the stickers tended to rip. Be sure you have the right size sticker before you
put it on your nail, because you might ruin it before you can get it placed
correctly. They have no stretch to them at all.
The edges were a bit ragged due to the
embossing. I had to do a fair amount of filing afterwards.
I had no issues with wrinkles with these at all. That was a
nice change.
Putting these wraps on was the last thing I did before I
went to bed. I don’t usually do this, but I decided to take pics first. Good
thing; when I woke up the next morning, there were...problems.
Somehow, I managed
to chip these in my sleep, big time. I decided to remove them. In the process,
I discovered that they’d become more brittle.
Even if
that hadn’t happened, the adhesive was not up to the job. The decals would have been knocked off very easily at work. This is definitely a product fail. For bonus points, they left glue residue all over my nails. Yay.
Verdict: Loser polish
These didn’t even make it out the door. Granted, it’s only a
dollar, but I recommend you put it towards a bottle of good polish instead.
Wow...these have to be the worst nail wraps ever! :(
ReplyDeleteI think you're right. I'm not sure how they could be worse!
ReplyDelete