I was sifting through a bin of Revlon’s Parfumerie polishes
at Ocean State Job Lot, when I came across Autumn Spice. I was really taken by
the color, and it was only $2. How could I resist?
Autumn Spice is a really pretty glass fleck polish that
looks either brown or burgundy depending on the light. It was really easy to
apply and went on smoothly. I only needed two coats for full coverage. I added
my usual coat of Seche Vite on top.
This polish is also scented. As you might have already
guessed from the name, Autumn Spice really means pumpkin spice. Once this
polish dries, it smells
really good.
Maybe
too good. The scent is
definitely pumpkin spice, in a perfumey kind of way, if that makes sense. The
perfume in this polish has crazy staying power and didn’t really fade much. I
found I was acutely aware of how often I pushed my glasses up my nose because
any time my hand got anywhere near my nose I could smell pumpkin spice and it
made me hungry! If you’re attempting to lose weight, don’t buy this polish! Using
top coat didn’t diminish the effect at all.
It turns out Autumn Spice is good for stamping too, and the
results are really pretty. The glass flecks transferred over to the stamped
design, adding a little extra sparkle. The scent carried over strongly as well.
It was nearly as strong as it was when I used it on its own. Sadly, it doesn’t
do well in water marbling.
So, how did it hold up?
It did okay. It made it two days before I felt it needed to
come off.
Verdict: Good
This polish is a really nice color, and the way it stamps
was a pleasant surprise. This is definitely worth getting if you can resist the
scent’s hunger inducing evil powers.
i had b;ue one , and it is smell very nice
ReplyDeletehave you tried to put white base color, like i use to do,i think nail polish last longer, with 2 layer and some transparent protective coat
so it does mean 4 coats :((((
Thanks for the suggestion. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't because like you said, that's a lot of polish. :( I also want to test the polish on its own merits. I do use base coat with sheer polishes (that I'm not going to review) to make them come out even though. :)