Sunday, December 13, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Bonita You’re My Lobster

Today I have another polish from Bonita’s Forget Me Not collection, You’re My Lobster. I scored this baby from my local Rite Aid for only $1.49. I was lucky to come across this display just as it came in as it was wiped out very quickly!

You’re My Lobster is a festive bright red jelly with loads of small and micro red glitter. I used three coats. I did not love the finish on this one when it dried. It was pretty coarse and semi matte, to the point where it reminded me of some of the final Pixie Dust polishes Zoya came out with like Oswin. One coat of Seche Vite helped somewhat. I think two coats of You’re My Lobster with two coats of Seche Vite might be a better way to go, but I felt that in this case keeping the testing conditions the same as everything else I’ve reviewed was more important. 


As you might expect, this polish can’t be used for stamping. It can almost water marble. I found it did spread nicely, and the results look really pretty in the cup. However, there’s sooo much glitter in there, that the results ended up being rather lumpy on my nails.

So, how did it hold up?


It did pretty well. It went two days before it started to noticeably chip. At first I thought I could push it a third day, but once the chips started there was no turning back.

Verdict: Good

It turns out You’re My Lobster is a bit on the brittle side. Still, it’s a good polish for the money. I have no regrets about buying it. I’ll definitely double down on top coat next time I wear it though. 

4 comments:

  1. I love this polish, looks so good and I can easily forgive quick chipping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I'm totally keeping it. I really like this brand in general. :)

      Delete
  2. Does the glitter give full coverage or is it an illusion because of the red jelly base? Very pretty polish either way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an illusion because of the red jelly base, but there's loads of glitter in there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.