Sunday, December 20, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Pretty Woman Turks and Caicos

If you’ve ever looked at my tag cloud, you can tell blue is my favorite color. I have more blue polishes than anything else. The only reason why I will pass on a blue is if it’s a duplicate of something I already own. I’m also a big fan of textured polish, so when I came across Pretty Woman’s Turks and Caicos, I had to have it!
Was that a wise purchase? Let’s find out!

Turks and Caicos is a stunning light blue metallic textured polish with larger pieces of light blue glitter. This has a ton of sparkle to it. I spent more time than I want to admit just staring at this beauty. The only polish I have like it is Zoya’s Vega. It’s a bit of a toss-up, but I think I like the look of Turks and Caicos better.
This polish was easy to apply. I only needed two coats, and it dried pretty quickly. Its texture is fairly rough, but a little bit of wear will smooth it out. Did I mention it’s gorgeous?


As a textured polish, it’s not something you want to use for stamping or water marbling.

So, how did it hold up?


It made it two days before it was game over. That’s a bit short for a textured polish. This goes a bit beyond tip wear, and into overall polish loss.

Verdict: Good

I was hoping this would last longer than it did, but since it only needed two coats, I was able to nurse it through a full week by adding another coat on top. I love that about texture polishes. I can’t recommend buying this at its full price of $7.99. I bought mine from Ocean State Job Lot for $1.50, which I think is a fair price for the quality. If you can score a good deal like that, go for it. This brand is available at select Rite Aid and Walmart stores, or it can be ordered directly from their website. If you’re really interested in this brand, I recommend following their Instagram account. They occasionally announce sales there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.