The Best!
Textured polishes may be on their way out, but I think
they’re awesome. Tangerine Dream was a great find that performed well. For
bonus points, it’s also a near exact duplicate of a more expensive polish.
I am such a sucker for a good blurple. This one is a go-to polish for me. It does everything I could ask of a crème polish; it stamps, it water marbles, and it has staying power. This is the polish I reach for when I want to test out a top coat.
Currently the blingiest holo polish I own. Golden Girl looks
fantastic, holds up to abuse well, and only costs $1.49!
This choice was a toss up between this beauty and Color
Club’s Burnt Out. Both polishes are from the Oil Slick collection. While Burnt
Out is gorgeous and an attention getter, I went with Cash Only. I think it’s
just as pretty, in a more subtle way, and it’s good for nail art, which Burnt
Out isn’t.
This polish blew me out of the water by lasting a record
five days before I had to remove it. If you need a polish that will last, you
need Prosecco.
The Worst!
As a top coat, it was pretty good. However, it was not good
at fulfilling its purpose of creating ombre nail art. Throw in the fact that
the bottle has no directions on how to use it, and you end up with the
frustrating feeling of having wasted money.
I love the concept of mood polishes. I had hoped this would
be fun to watch change color since I’d bought it in the winter. Sadly it self
destructed pretty quickly. It also made my nails look dirty, which didn’t make
me happy.
I know CVS’ Pop-Arazzi polishes have a reputation for
smelling bad, but compared to Walgreen’s set, they smell like perfume. Easily
the worst smelling polishes I’ve dealt with so far, their quality overall was
as bad as their stench.
Garbage, through and through. The color was streaky and the
top coat was goopy. This polish supports my theory that if the manufacturer
can’t put a good photograph of their product on their own box, the results are
going to be disappointing
This edges out Republic on my list because of the poor
quality bottles. The polish was okay, but the main problem is that the brushes
wouldn’t stay in the caps. Imagine if you were getting ready to go out, decided
to throw on some fresh polish before heading out, and had a brush fall out and
wreck your outfit or shoes? The potential for damage cemented its position as
the worst on my list.
And that closes out 2015! I'm looking forward to discovering more new brands and types of polish in 2016. Thanks for reading!










Great post but I just wanted to solicit some feedback. I was expecting the #1 worst polish being super loser/non-stamping/non-water marbling worst of the worst that chips an hour after putting it on, not an "ok polish" getting the spot because of bad brushes. :/ I can see it winning most aggravating for being difficult to work with and the potential for damaging clothes/shoes, etc but I think I'd rather throw my money at an ok polish in a bad bottle over a horrible polish in a good bottle is all. Again, just my two cents.
ReplyDeleteI'm sticking to my guns on that one, but I most definitely appreciate the feedback. Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts. :)
Delete