Sunday, December 27, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Broadway Sand In Heaven

So the other day I was killing time with my friend before we had to go to work, and she suggested I check out Dollar General. Me being me, I sought out the nail polish. I came across a whole display of a brand I’d never heard of before; Broadway. I chose one, because, hey, it’s $1! That polish is today’s subject, Sand In Heaven.

I was hoping this was going to be textured due to the name. Nope! This is an almost neon greenish yellow pearl, with some sparkle in it. I had to color adjust my pics as this one photographs more green than it truly is. Another problem is that this looks different on my nails than it does in the bottle. I’d picked this color because my polish collection doesn’t have many yellows, so I’d been hoping this would make a nice addition

The formula was nice and smooth, yet after three coats it definitely did not look good on my nails, and I found the results far from heavenly. Who named this? The polish itself is on the sheer side, so the color of my nails affected how it looked on me. What looked like a fun greenish yellow in the bottle, ended up looking like vomit on my nails.  I applied my usual layer of Seche Vite and let it ride. This looked ugly enough that a couple people actually commented negatively about it!  

Sand In Heaven didn’t stamp or water marble.

So, how did it hold up?


 It only lasted a day, and honestly, I’m glad of that. I was over this color pretty quickly. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy to see my polish chip!

Verdict: Loser Polish

Maybe they should have named this one Toxic Waste Beach instead. It’s a moot point though, because this polish just isn’t worth buying. 

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean it looked bad on your nails? Like the color didn't complement your skin tone or did the polish look goopy/patchy? It looks fine in the pictures, so it's hard to tell what made it look bad. Also, how does this compare to Pop-arrazi polishes? Would you say slightly better or worse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I should have been clearer about that. :/ Thank you for pointing that out! :) The polish itself is on the sheer side, so the color of my nails affected the color. What looked like a fun greenish yellow in the bottle, ended up looking like vomit on my nails. I'll edit my review to include that.

      I want to say it's in the same tier as Pop-Arazzi, but I'm not totally comfortable making that comparison when I've only used one bottle of Broadway that's a different finish than the three Pop-Arazzi I've reviewed. I do plan to try that brand again at some point.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.