Sunday, May 31, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Revlon Scandalous

I love nail polish sales. I really do. I prefer sales where the price is straight up reduced as opposed to Buy One Get One 50% off. Then we get to the slightly more evil sales, where something is on sale for something like 3 for $5, but if you don’t buy 3 you have pay a slightly higher price. Tactics like that make me feel a bit jerked around. Paying less is paying less though!

That brings me to how I acquired today’s target; Revlon’s Scandalous. I picked it up the same time I purchased their Matte Pearl Glaze. It was part of a 2 for $4 sale, and no way in heck was I paying a noticeably higher price per bottle, even if it meant buying one more than I intended. Finding another bottle of polish I want to buy isn’t hard to do though.

Scandalous is a black jelly with large and micro purple glitter. It went on nicely with three coats, plus my usual coat of Seche Vite on top. I was expecting it to be on the rough side considering all the glitter, but it came out nice and smooth.


As you might expect, this polish is not good for water marbling or stamping.

So how did it do? 


This one did well. I’ve had problems with this kind of polish shattering or popping off the nail, but that wasn’t an issue here. It went a solid two days before there was any noticeable chipping.

Verdict: Good

This is a nice addition to anyone’s collection, especially if you’re in the market for something vampy.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.