Twice As Ice is polish that changes color when exposed to
sunlight. Indoors, it’s a very slightly orangey tinted base with holographic
shards.
In sunlight it turns purple, and looks like a jelly polish. The transition takes 10-15 seconds or so.
It can change somewhat indoors or in overcast weather, but for the best results, you need to go actually
outside.
I used three coats with my usual layer of Seche Vite on top.
It went on as if it were a normal polish. I recommend applying this very
carefully; you won’t be able to spot any mistakes until you’re outside. I found
the holographic shards just didn’t distribute well on the nail. They
don’t really lay flat and were a bit scratchy. However, I didn’t buy this for
the bling; it’s all about the color change!
In fact, since the shard payout was so poor, I thought I
might be able to use this polish for stamping. I tried stamping on my ring finger, and as it turns out, I’m right! There
are some special challenges in using Twice As Ice for that, namely you have to
do it while it’s in its indoor state. I used the spiderweb design from this plate, and as you can tell,
the spider got left off because I couldn’t tell where it was on my stamper.
However, if you used a design where orientation didn’t matter, the results
would be impressive!
I didn’t try water marbling with it. The shards would
be a problem, not to mention the color change aspect makes it impractical.
So, how did it hold up?
Verdict: Good
I think this is really meant to be a top coat unless you’re
the kind of person that spends a lot of time outdoors. Still, it’s pretty good
quality, and the fact that it actually stamps makes it an even more interesting
find. I ordered mine from Del Sol’s website. As of this writing, it goes for
$7.




happy blog b-day ! i wish you so many nice post !
ReplyDeletekisses
Thank you Bubica! :D *hugs*
Delete