Sahara Crystal doesn’t look like something that’s textured
in the bottle. It reminds me of Milani Sardina with smaller flecks. Once you
put it on and it dries, there’s no questioning that it’s textured. I had a lot
of fun trying it out on different polishes. I found two light coats gave me the
best results. I let the first coat completely dry before I added the second.
One
thing I noticed is that this polish is thicker than average. Over the course of
using it in a couple full manicures and a bunch of swatches I noticed I’ve
already used up a good quarter of the bottle!
This top coat changes how polish looks depending on what
type it is. Here are some swatches I did over some polishes I’ve already
reviewed. In all cases, the swatch on the left is the polish in its natural state, the one on the right has Sahara Crystal over it.
First, here's Claire's Money Bags. I really like how this one looks.
Next, we have Color Club's Burnt Out. This looks okay, but the duochrome properties of this polish really don't show through very well.
This is Color Club Beyond. It turns out that holographic polishes don't play nice with this top coat. I tried this on a couple other holos and had the same result. Pity, a textured holo would have been awesome.
Now, on to the actual stress test. I used my beloved Ulta Blue Holiday. This is one of my very favorites. I know this polish is excellent, and what to
expect from it, so I put the same two coats of Sahara Crystal over it to see
how it’d do. As you can see, this top coat lightens it up a bit and adds
sparkle.
So, how’d it do?
Turns out this top coat significantly reduced the wear time
on this one. That was a bit disappointing. It was done in after one day.
Verdict: Party Polish
I was hoping this would have the same wear as a full on textured
polish, but that definitely isn’t the case here. It goes for $9, so that's something to keep in mind if you decide you want it.
Still, this top coat is fun! I
look forward to using it to get textured colors I can’t find.







the red one is look perfect, i like it
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
ReplyDelete