Sunday, October 11, 2015

Nail Polish Stress Test: Color Club It’s Raining Men

As you may have noticed, blue is my very favorite color, with purple being a fairly close second. When I saw It’s Raining Men from Color Club’s Oil Slick collection, and they just happened to have a 30% off sale at the same time, I decided I’d give it a go.


It’s Raining Men is a blue jelly with a strong blue shimmer. It occasionally shifts to purple, but not often. Sometimes the shift looks pink, and I’m sad to say it doesn’t look as pretty as I’d hoped. Most of the time, it looks like the dark blue polish with blue flash every collection has. I used two coats here, with my usual layer of Seche Vite on top.


This polish will stamp, although it’s a bit…smudgey. Interestingly enough, the shimmer does show a bit in the design. A tiny bit. It didn’t work for water marbling.

So, how did it hold up?

Not well at all. It was a one day affair.


Verdict: Party Polish

I was really disappointed in this polish. After the awesomeness that was Burnt Out, I was expecting more of the same great color shift and durability. I don’t think you really need this one.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this review REALLY surprised me! I would have thought this polish was a home run, but it didn't leave first base, yikes! Do you feel the polish photographs better than it looks in real life? I ask because it looks like a noticeable purple shift to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say no. I had to hold my hand in that position to get that color shift to show up. In fact, that's pretty much the angle it had to be at for it to show up in general. With Burnt Out I could watch the color shift as I walked from room to room with my hand outstretched.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.